- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter?
- Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all individuals who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants‘). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is Lifestyle Optical Management Pty Ltd (ABN 22 088 619 194) (the ‘Promoter‘). The Promoter’s address is LG18/500 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000.
How to enter
- To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below):
- Purchase products at Lifestyle Optical or Boutique Optical, with a minimum spend of $600 and must be paid in full to be eligible. Cumulative, split purchases, refunds, returns and unpaid products will be void and ineligible. A frame and lens purchase will be considered one item and entitle its purchaser to one entry into the draw. Entrants will automatically be opted-in once they make a purchase for marketing purchases.
- Entrants may get an additional ticket for other purchases over $600 with a minimum spend of $600. A frame and lens purchase would be deemed one purchase. Any returns or refunds on purchase will make the applicant ineligible.
- Attend the Lifestyle Optical Gala Event at LG18/500 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 on 21/09/2019 at 10 AM. The Promoter will need to receive the entrant’s RSVP by the required date to attend the event. The RSVP will be sent out by email towards the end of the competition. If the location and time of the event changes, an email notification will be sent to entrants two weeks prior to the event.
- By entering into this promotion, Entrants will automatically be opted-in once they make a purchase with the Promoter for marketing purchases.
- Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of entries permitted
- One entry per Eligible Product Purchase. All entrants must retain their original receipts, documents or tags to validate proof of purchase during the promotional period. Such evidence must, on request by the Promoter, be provided to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, to demonstrate that the entrant has complied with these Terms and Conditions. Any entrant found to be sharing any receipt or other proof to demonstrate Proof of Purchase with any other entrant, whether or not related in any way, will have all entries invalidated and will not be able to claim a prize. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter may conduct an immediate redraw if the first drawn entrant is unable to satisfy this clause.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The competition commences on 24/09/2018 AEST at 09:00 AM and closes 11/08/2019 AEST at 11:59 PM (‘Promotional Period‘). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- A Contestant will be the first valid entry drawn at the Lifestyle Optical Gala Event at LG18/500 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 on 21/09/2019 at 11:00 AM. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize. An announcement of the Contestant will be made at the event. The Contestant has 2 minutes to present themselves otherwise the draw result is invalid.
- Lifestyle Optical decision in the draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Contestant will be given the chance to select envelopes from a pool of forty (40). Each envelope contains a coloured card. The Contestant will continue opening envelopes (one at a time) until they have five cards of the same colour. The colour of the five matching cards will determine the prize that is won. If won, the winner will be notified on the spot.
- The winner will be further notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their name will also be published on 24/09/2019 at lifestyleoptical.com.au for 28 days.
- The winner must collect the prize from Lifestyle Optical when the prize is ready and before 31/12/2019.
- If the Contestant does not win a prize, there will be no further draws and the prize will not be awarded.
Prize on offer
- The total prize pool is valued at up to $50,000 (Including GST), as at 24/09/2018.
- There is one winner in this promotion. The prize on offer is:
Number of winners
|1 Winner||First Prize = $50,000
(Blue Envelope – 0.35% chances of winning)Second Prize = $5,000 travel voucher
(Red Envelope – 0.85% chances of winning)Third Prize = $1,500 in designer eye wear
(Green Envelope – 9.50% chances of winning)
Fourth Prize =$600 Dinner Voucher at Lifestyle Optical discretion
Travel Voucher is subject to further terms and conditions.
- The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, except the $50,000 cash prize which will be deposited to your account or given as a cheque once the prize is organised
- For any cash prizes your name on your entry must be that of an eligible bank account to which a cheque can be cashed. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to send cheques in the names as specified in the original entry. Winning entries with only a family name or reference to a family as the entrant cannot be cashed by banks.
- By entering in this promotion, the entrants agree to allow the Promoter to enter their names in social media, website and/or in store. The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to take a photo or video of themselves receiving the prize and displaying it on the Promoter’s websites and/or social media. Entrants coming to the event allows the Promoter to film the event and use any photos or video (unless it is inappropriate) on their websites, social media or other means.
- Lifestyle Optical will not be responsible for any injuries or harm caused by the prize winner using the prize.
- By coming to the event, entrants will be responsible for their actions and indemnify the Promoter and the Promoter’s employees from any injuries or accidents that may occur.
Futher Terms and Conditions
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including being interviewed and photographed. The winner (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winner (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The prize-winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees‘).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
- Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/26860.